1 Year experience
• Manage and maintain food service clearing system so that it works effectively during meal times.
• Ensure that all soiled wares are duly collected, cleaned, washed and sanitized for use in all other departments.
• Ensure that all equipment and facilities in the dishwashing department is managed effectively by proper usage and maintenance.
• Perform duties to keep all areas of the dishwashing area clean and sanitized including floors, walls, dishwashing machines and equipment, storage equipment/ shelves and other light equipment.
• Remove food wastes from waste receptacles and thereafter clean and sanitize bins.
• Ensure that all work is carried out safely according to industrial safety requirement regulated in-house and governmental regulations.
• Responsible for all use and security of cleaning chemicals used in the catering facility.
• Ensure the safe operation of all cleaning equipment and report to the management of any faulty equipment.
• To be punctual and work according to time slot assigned.
• Able to speak and understand simple English.
• Ensure daily cleaning operation without fail.
• Attend weekly service meetings to improve and enhance service level.
• Responsible to wear the uniform that is provided and to maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
• Performs any other duties as directed by the Head Chef/ Unit Manager.
• Communication Skills (verbal and written) – ability to convey meaning and obtain understanding.
• Organizational Skills – ability to group work in relation to the work being done, prioritizing and scheduling an even workflow.
• People Skills – ability to effectively relate to customers and others in all organizational levels, being sensitive to their needs.
• Conceptual Skills – ability to see entire program objective ensuring that individual programs work within the framework of the company’s objectives.
• Customer Relations – ability to relate to customers with an attitude of friendliness while conveying confidence in the company’s professionalism