Developing the Child Holistically
- Assist in planning and implement age-appropriate curriculum according to the Company’s curriculum framework.
- Set up quality learning environment that promotes learning in accordance to the curriculum framework.
- Consistently maintain regular observation and evaluation of the infant’s development and progress, with on time submission of portfolio for each infant.
- Initiate and conduct tasks and activities daily (sing-a-long, art projects, sensory exploration etc).
- Foster a secure, warm and trusting relationship with infants through nurturing caregiving.
Health, Safety and Nutrition
- Ensure safety of each infant through close supervision, whether in the classroom, play area, or any other areas in the school compound.
- Ensure that infant care routines are conducted in a manner that is prompt, hygienic and consistent with good infant development practices. These routines include diapering, feeding, bathing, hand washing, napping and transitioning between activities.
- Maintain daily journal of milk feeds, solid feeds, diapering etc, in accordance to relevance for each age group.
- Accept and maintain responsibility for the appearance, decor and cleanliness of the Centre.
- Take corrective actions and inform the Principal for any potential safety hazards to prevent injuries.
- Follow the AECES code of ethics
Collaboration with Families and Community
- Build and maintain strong relationships with each infant’s family.
Building Professional Capacity
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Centre by participating in staff meetings, meet-the-parent sessions, open house events, workshops etc.
- Constantly seek to acquire organisational and professional competencies, skills and knowledge to improve personal performance; prioritise them for the development of self and others.
- Any ad-hoc duties that may be assigned by the Management or Supervisor from time to time.
Building Organisational Capacity
- Collaborates and communicates respectfully with Colleagues, fostering a positive work environment.
- Demonstrate understanding and uphold the vision, mission and values of the Organisation.
Education and Training