KEYENCE has steadily grown since 1974 to become an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of industrial automation and inspection equipment worldwide. Our products consist of code readers, laser markers, machine vision systems, measuring systems, microscopes, sensors, and static eliminators.
Our innovative products not only meet current needs but also future customer requirements in the manufacturing and R&D sectors. We strive to anticipate the market’s future goals to provide tomorrow’s solution today.
At KEYENCE, we pride ourselves not only on our products, but on our support as well. Our customers benefit from working directly with our highly knowledgeable sales engineers who can help them solve applications and answer technical product questions quickly.
As a result of our contribution to the manufacturing industry and our core philosophies, KEYENCE has been honored with a variety of awards. We have been included on prestigious lists like “World’s Most Innovative Companies” (Forbes), “1,000 Best Valued Companies” (Business Week), and “Top 10 Excellent Companies in Japan” (Nikkei).
Today, KEYENCE serves over 200,000 customers in 70 countries around the world, where our name stands for innovation and excellence.
1) Sales Engineers
The Sales Engineers Position with Keyence Singapore is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. At Keyence Singapore, sales professionals work in a highly professional and fast-paced office an average of two days a week, while three days a week they visit manufacturers in a sales territory so that they can consult face-to-face on solving customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. While Keyence products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Attend product and application training at Keyence Singapore Head Office in Singapore (Approximately 3 to 6 months). Training is paid.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Keyence products and applications through classes, seminars, and on-the-job training.
• Provide technical consultation and service to customers to help solve their applications using Keyence’s products in a variety of industries, selecting and promoting the proper company products/services for their application.
• Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in adapting to Keyence Singapore’s expectations and the challenges customers present you.
• Respond promptly and efficiently to customer requests.
• Secure new customers consistently and efficiently.
• Travel to customer locations three days per week and successfully sell products/services into a wide variety of manufacturing & related industries.
• Coordinate account strategy and contribute to territory’s strategic plan.
• Successfully implement new product-launch strategies.
• Deliver growth in market share within assigned sales territory.
• Coordinate off-site seminars and trade shows as needed.
• Manage day-to-day activities with little to no managerial supervision.
• Understand and observe company / department policies and procedures.
• Other duties or projects, as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
• Preferably Degree in engineering field. Candidates with a business related degree would also be considered
• Interest and aptitude to master Keyence’s highly technical products.
• Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
• Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to Keyence Singapore’s success.
• Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
• Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
• Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
• Preferred to have VALID Class 3 Licence.
• You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
• You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
• You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
• You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
• You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
• You want the opportunity to advance within one company.
• You enjoy speaking to people on the phone or in person.
• You are goal-oriented and pro-active.
• A competitive salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience
• Remuneration package includes attractive car allowance, bonus, commission and other benefits. We offer a 5 day work week.
• Please write/email with detailed resume to:
• HR Department
• Keyence Singapore Pte Ltd
• 151 Lorong Chuan
• New Tech Park
• Lobby G
• Singapore 556741