An international not-for-profit leadership development organization, we run programmes in over 70 cities worldwide offering participants the knowledge, skills and inspiration to cross boundaries and become more active and engaged leaders in society.
Our Singapore office delivers global and regional programmes for senior leaders and students. We are ambitious, coming out of start up with a rapidly expanding portfolio of partners such as GE, DBS Bank, BNP Paribas, Singapore Government, NUS, RMIT etc., and currently deliver transformational leadership programmes for top global talent across the cities of Asia-Pacific and across the world.
We are currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious professional, who shares our values and is passionate about leadership development, to join us in the role of ASEAN Director. Full of energy, drive and with a can-do attitude you will work closely with the COO of Common Purpose Asia-Pacific to develop our regional network and contribute to the overall success of our leadership programmes across the ASEAN.
You will expand the scale and reach of Common Purpose’s activities in the ASEAN, in turn building the Common Purpose brand across the region. This role also requires you to work with local teams to achieve their business targets and manage key clients within the region to drive the growth of our business.
Position: ASEAN Director
Responsible to: COO, Common Purpose Asia-Pacific
Salary: SGD 70,000 - 80,000 per annum
Physical Location: Singapore
Duration: Full time 5 days per week
As the ASEAN Director you will
- Be responsible for business development and sales through managing existing customer relationships and by implementing sales and marketing strategies that generate commercial relationships within corporate, public and not for profit sectors, leading to new business
- Contribute to building the Common Purpose brand globally by developing key strategic relationships
- Work closely with the wide network of Common Purpose stakeholders, alumni, inter-group companies and Common Purpose International entities to maximise opportunities for growth
- Effectively bid, market and manage key accounts and stakeholders
- Plan and deliver our ASEAN Leaders programme to a high standard through the development of a high impact curriculum
A day in the life
A typical day in the life of the ASEAN Director would entail:
- Networking and forming new relationships through meetings and conversations with people and organizations doing amazing things in the region
- Grappling with interesting problems and working on stimulating complex projects with a dynamic and energetic team
- Working with creative colleagues from our Marketing team in London and Bangalore on key proposal documentation
- Designing and delivering transformational leadership development programme days, working with participants you might never normally meet
- Analyzing the impact of our programme and coming up with innovative ways of making them more powerful
The COO is willing to consider candidates from any background provided they can demonstrate the relevance of their skills and experience and a sense of entrepreneurialism and creative strategic development.
You will be a self-motivated, resilient individual with excellent communication and well-developed relationship building skills. You will have an excellent approach to time and project management with the ability to work to challenging deadlines and competing demands. You will also be able to work cross-culturally and be able to easily engage with people from different backgrounds and perspectives.
You will essentially demonstrate:
- Considerable experience of selling leadership development programmes/services to national and multinational organizations in a corporate sales environment.
- Experience of leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and global in scope
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships and partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including the ability to create and develop opportunities without supervision
- Ability to inspire teams to be active and creative in furthering the vision and achieving the aims of Common Purpose
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
- An understanding of and commitment to Common Purpose’s mission, values and behaviours
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Experience of proactively solving problems
- Able and willing to travel to remote locations for short periods of time and at short notice.
Some desirable but non-essential qualifications, experiences and competences
- 5 years’ + experience working in a similar business development role
- Qualifications in leadership, sales and/or marketing
- Experience of operating internationally
- Ability to speak multiple languages
For those interested please apply directly to Common Purpose HR with your detailed CV and letter of intent.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 10 August 2018
Education and Training