The incumbent is responsible in overseeing the successful operations of the company’s internal IT systems. He/she will also support the company’s users and embark on projects relating to the internal IT infrastructure of the company.
- Adhere to the company’s service management methodology in managing the operations of the company’s internal IT systems
- Troubleshoot any IT related issues and ensure that issue resolutions are completed within service level standards
- Develop and maintain operational documents and internal knowledgebase articles to document operational procedures and problem resolution Generate monthly operational reports and maintain the company’s asset list. Monitor asset list, warranty end dates and license renewals to plan for necessary procurement.
- Monitor security bulletins and version releases and plan for the necessary patches and versions upgrades.
- Plan, test and implement new technologies identified to meet business needs
- Monitor resource utilisation and ensure computer equipment, hardware, and software are adequate to meet organizational needs
- Recommend appropriate maintenance strategies to ensure uninterrupted systems usage
- Maintain backup and recovery procedures and ensure proper backup of the system. Plan and conduct disaster recovery and business continuity exercises
- Recommend adjustments to systems and/or equipment to ensure cost efficient and effective systems/equipment infrastructure
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage existing resources and provide economies of scale
- Evaluate new information systems products or services and propose changes to existing products or services to better aid end users
- Conduct research to keep updated with technology updates to ensure technology opportunities are taken advantage of (i.e. whether the opportunities relate to speed, improved processing, cost efficiencies, etc)
- Good Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Prior experience in Active Directory, Exchange and other Microsoft technologies
- Prior experience in basic networking such as VVRP, VLAN and routing
- Experience in VMware, Linux, Nginx and Apache will be advantageous
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Skills in interpreting the needs of end users
- Self-starter and able to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly
Candidates with more years of relevant experience could be considered for the IT Manager role.
Interested applicants are invited to send your updated resume via Apply Now.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.