Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Designs and constructs visual two- and three-dimensional art works, utilizing any combination of mediums, methods, and techniques: Carves objects from stone, concrete, plaster, wood, or other material, using abrasives, chisels, gouges, mallets, and other hand tools and power tools.
- Qualification such as a degree or higher national diploma in art and design or fine art, with sculpture as a specialism.
- Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Devising forms from stone using masonry tools;
- Carving and forming materials to desired shape using hand and power tools;
- Applying media to surfaces using appropriate techniques;
- Conceiving and developing ideas, designs and styles for paintings, drawings, pottery pieces and sculptures;
- Arranging objects, positioning models, and selecting landscapes and other visual forms according to chosen subject matter;
- Sketching designs of proposed sculptures, and making wax and plaster models; & Meeting dateline.
Building and Construction