Reports To: Foreman / Senior Foreman
Stable Job with Career Growth, technology work, overseas exposure:
We offer a long-term stable career with training for skills upgrading, salary growth, and career progression.
- Staff would get opportunities to work with high-precision equipment and possible international exposure for overseas job trips.
- We provide good salary, bonus and better medical benefits
Cost Responsibilities: Overhaul turbocharger within the schedule. Minimise wastages of consumables /chemicals /packing material.
Materials / Tools/ Equipment Responsibilities: Report any worn-out / deflective parts, tools, instruments, equipment to foreman.
Others: Take care of safety for all work on vessel and at workshop.
- To plan with foreman and prepare tools & spare parts in advance
- To perform and complete the turbocharger maintenance, repair and overhaul works on time and according to the maker’s procedure/ quality standard.
- To perform turbocharger dismantling, cleaning, inspection, repair, maintenance and reassembling
- To support foreman in preparing inspection & service reports upon completion of turbocharger servicing
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities
Qualified Grade: (Assistant Technician to new Technician)
- Perform 5S housekeeping and update 5S Board
- Verify work scope with foreman prior to job commencement
- Prepare tools & spare parts for job
- Perform overhaul work & ensure service quality according to maker standard, exercising good team-work with colleagues
- Communicate with foreman on turbocharger work & complete job within schedule.
- Clean, inspect, dismantle & assemble turbochargers
- Perform chemical cleaning /fly ash blasting of mechanical parts
- Perform Painting / packaging of completed mechanical parts
- Check lifting equipment for defects and valid test certificate.
- Check compliance to safety requirements at work according to maker procedure and company guidance.
Next Upgrade: (Technician with experience)
- Take ownership with accountability of output
- Minimum supervision – must be able to work independently according to maker’s procedure or company SOP.
- Participate in problem solving & data collection to make improvements to work areas / processes
Plus additional skills & knowledge
- Able to independently dismantle and reassemble a few key models of turbochargers from start to end (in the absence of a Foreman).
- Carry out NDT / Magnetic flux test of turbocharger parts
Qualification and Other Requirements
- 1 year experience (fresh school-leavers are welcome too) Engineering work environment
- ITE NITEC
- Language: English Spoken (Basic)
At short notice, there may be overseas work requiring Technicians to travel for 2-5 days. Guidance, overseas accommodation and allowances will be provided. Good international exposure.
- Work on-board the ship (mostly docked ship) and in workshop;
- Work in ship’s engine room / very warm environment (Need to drink plenty of water)
- Gloves and various personal protective equipment will be issued
- Hard working / With a Sure can do attitude;
- Able to work with other nationalities;
- Safety conscious