Reports To: Foreman / Senior Foreman (To Manager for Asst Engineer/ Foreman level)
- Stable Job with Career Growth: We offer staff a long-term stable career with skills upgrading, salary growth, and career growth.
- We provide more training and better medical benefits than market-practice
- Minimise wastages of consumables
- Avoid / Reduce rework
- Materials / Assets Responsibilities: Housekeep and maintain Special tools & equipment as you use them with work.
- Other Responsibilities: Participate in workplace safety, risk-assessment, and other work improvement activities like Kaizen, etc.
- To carry out conventional lathe & mill machining work to support turbocharger parts repair and other engineering repairs.
- Knowledge and experience in CNC programming and machining will be an advantage.
ITE NITEC or equivalent (Mechanical)
- Verify work scope with workshop foremen prior to job commencement
- Read technical drawings and plan resources required for the job
- Perform conventional machining work with lathe & milling;
- Check compliance to safety requirements at work according to maker procedures and company guidance
- Check lifting equipment for defects and support with valid test certificate
- Keep good maintenance of tools & equipment
- Perform 5S practices everyday
- Take ownership with accountability of output
- Minimum supervision – must be able to work independently according to maker’s procedure or company SOP
- Guide machinists to perform efficient and error-free machining work.
Plus Specialised Skills and Knowledge
- HD Arc Spray work
- Precision Grinding
- Laser Cladding
Note: In-house Training will be provided on specialised skills above.
Qualification and Other Requirements
- 1-3 years of experience in Machine shops
- ITE NITEC or equivalent (speciality: Mechanical Field)
- Written / Spoken English
- Level (Basic / Competent / Proficient)
- Able to understand written and oral instructions – participate in discussions.
- Able to work under time pressure
- Safety conscious
- Honest / Hardworking / With a Sure can do attitude
- Able to work with other nationalities
Problem Solving and Challenges in Work
- Machine breakdown
- Normal hours: 8 am – 5:30 pm. Now and then, Machinists need to work OT on weekdays, PHs and weekends. (Adequate rest periods will be allowed within job schedule.)
Way to resolve the problem
- Good 5S practices
- Basic machine maintenance
- As far as possible, OT will be spread amongst colleagues. Where possible, weekend / PH work will be rotated amongst Staff, so that adequate rest days and welfare are maintained.