- Primary responsibilities
1.1 To oversee the maintenance of Fixed Asset Register/General Ledger, to ensure that the established policies and procedures relating to finance and controls are properly carried out, and to ensure that the monthly closing activities are adhered to timely.
- Job Function
- To ensure that all records of fixed assets movements within the Hotel are properly maintained in the Register and that it reconciled with the General Ledger.
- To ensure that the tagging of fixed assets are carried out periodically.
- To check and ensure that the depreciation of fixed assets are computed and recorded accurately by reconciling to the General Ledger.
- To ensure that the sighting/audit of major category of assets’ existence is conducted on an annual basis.
- To ensure that the inventory count is properly conducted and completed, providing assistance during the stock-take process in other departments as well as in the general stores.
- To ensure all accounting entries are in order for passing of journal entries and assist in preparation of monthly financial reports and schedules for circulation to the management and auditing purposes.
- To update balance sheet detailed schedules and expenses schedules on a monthly basis.
- To prepare the GST Quarterly Returns and payment Submissions.
- To assist in the supervision of work performed by the staff in the Income Audit section.
- To prepare yearly audit schedules and government statistical reports.
- To relieve or extend any assistance to other accounting colleagues in their absence.
- Any other suitable task as and when assigned by Accountant / Financial Controller.