We are looking to hire a highly motivated, hands-on supply chain engineer who will be responsible to plan, source, evaluate, purchase and execute purchase orders to support Operations in most cost effective manner. Key responsibilities include inventory management, review of material forecast and driving cost savings initiatives related to the manufacturing of REC product.
- Manage purchasing cycle including request for quotation, PO creation, PO follow up, goods receipt and supplier billing.
- Solicit competitive quotations per requirements with negotiations with suppliers for contracts, favourable commercial terms & conditions and pricing.
- Collaborate with requestors and suppliers to resolve issues related to requirements, substitutions, priorities, damages, quality, delivery and other important terms & conditions.
- Manage material forecast and respond to short term sudden pull-in for urgent production needs and monitor usage abnormality.
- Generate plan of raw materials requirements to ensure prompt delivery and fulfillment of customers’ orders.
- Plan, execute and analyze materials requirements and reschedule plans. Highlight raw material issues or delays to Production Planner and Procurement Manager.
- Monitor, review and work to maintain optimum inventory level of raw materials and ensure safety inventory level is met.
- Sourcing for new suppliers and manage cost savings and cost reduction initiatives.
- Manage raw materials obsolescence, slow moving stock and excess inventory for disposition.
- Monitor supplier performance and ensure alignment with KPIs.
- Handle miscellaneous projects as and when necessary.
- Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or other disciplines
- Candidate with 2~3 years of relevant working experience will be preferred
- Proficient in MS office applications
- Prior experience in ERP software like IFS, SAP or Oracle
- Strong interpersonal and communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills-ability to collaborate with and motivate key players to achieve desired results in a professional manner
- Dynamic, independent, good team player & committed with proactive working attitude
- Good English writing & communication skills
- Good command of Mandarin to liaise with mandarin-speaking business associates
- Perform other duties as assigned. Duties will arise from new requirements of business needs. Duties will vary according to the competence level on individual level.