Job Objectives/Job Summary:
As an Architectural Coordinator, he/she is required to coordinate all architectural works to ensure delivery on time with acceptable quality of works.
1. Project Management
- To develop a schedule program for the commencement and completion of all Architectural works to tie in with the master schedule.
- To coordinate, monitor and control Architectural sub-contractors’ progress and quality of works.
- To coordinate sub-contractors work so that there are no conflicts amongst sub-contractors.
- To delegate work to the general workers and assign them duties.
- To liaise with suppliers on the products needed for the projects and the delivery schedule.
- To carry out submission to consultant for materials, shop drawings and method statements approvals before commencement of work.
- To arrange for Architectural trade demonstrations for consultant’s approvals.
- To ensure timely delivery of materials and goods to site.
- To arrange for testing of Architectural materials.
- To liaise with consultant in solving technical and detailing issues of Architectural works.
- Attend project coordination meetings.
- To report to Project Manager the progress of Architectural works.
- Assist Quantity Surveyor to carry out verifications for various claims
- To verify sub-contractors claim for works done.
- Assist Quality Team to prepare Conquas 21 or Quality Mark
- Assist Project Manager in compilation of handing over documents including As-built drawings.
- To assist Project Manager in the coordination, monitoring and control of site safety & health.
- Liaison with consultant's team on site including RE / RTO for compliance to quality, inspection process and maintaining a good working relationship
- Oversee construction projects to ensure procedures, quality of works and materials of construction comply with specifications, contract, and quality.
- Oversee construction projects to ensure completion on schedule and endorsement of joint measurement sheets for contractor’s progress claims for stages of completed works.
- Coordinate and monitor construction works as per contract specifications and standards to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications and standards.
- Review deviations from specified construction procedures to ensure compliance with regulations governing construction.
- Inspect and review completed works for conformity to contract specifications and standards.
- Liaison with consultants, contractors and suppliers, etc to ensure successful implementation of the project.
2. Project Budget Control
- To execute control measures on material / plant & equipment / utilities usage
- Controls direct labour costs i.e. no. of direct workers and overtime etc.
- Meet targeted progress of works so as to achieve the intended cash flow.
3. Technical Understanding
- Understands the specifications, drawings, scope and sequence of works.
- Ability to propose alternative material or work method for Architectural works.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings for any discrepancies.
- Degree/Diploma in Architecture, Building / Construction or related disciplines.
- Possess Safety Coordinator Certificate.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in construction industry.
- Experience in A&A works.
c) Skills & Knowledge
- Must be qualified and competent and possess the relevant skills, knowledge and the ability to supervise and coordinate the works at site.
- Knowledge in construction and contractual procedures, familiar with design specifications and construction drawings.
- Good proficiency in spoken and written English.
d) Personal Qualities
- Initiative, independent with a strong sense of commitment & urgency.
- Dynamic, good team player and ability to work well with people.
- Good team player and customer focused with excellent communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to work under pressure with high initiative.
PBT Engineering (subsidiary of TEE International)
Building and Construction