Job Objectives/Job Summary:
As a Purchasing Manager, he/she is expected to manage the purchasing functions for the Group of Companies. Plans, organizes, directs and negotiate with vendors for the purchase of all materials, supplies, equipment and services used by the Company. Ensure an efficient and reliable purchasing system. Regularly review Company’s purchasing requirements, negotiates contracts and keeping with budgetary requirements.
- Manage/improving the purchasing process, work with multiple vendors/sub-contractors in determining the best deals for the Company.
- Negotiating with vendors and sub-contractors for low and mid value purchases/contracts and lead discussion on the terms and conditions of the procurement agreement.
- Oversee the procurement function within the firm in ensuring that all POs/Contracts are signed in compliance to internal policies and issued in a timely manner.
- To lead daily operation of Procurement Department and provide overall supervisory to the team.
- Work closely with Project Teams in collaboration on specifications and technical requirements of procurement items, schedule and any other special requirement for accomplishing of the project.
- Vendor management and timely pricing reviews of common purchase items and equipment.
- Ensure Procurement Department’s best practices and policies are in compliance.
- Coordinate the quarterly POs/Contract closing and monitoring for all ongoing projects.
- Work closely with Business Control and Finance Department in alignment of process and control compliances and reporting matters.
- Report and update to HOD on daily operation issues and work on strategic, long-term procurement activities (including Corporate Directive and Business Strategic Planning and operation activities).
- Diploma/Degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar field within the construction industry.
- Creating and developing procurement process across different business units.
c) Skills & Knowledge
- Process critical thinking, analytical, negotiation and communication skills.
- Good in sourcing and interpersonal skills.
d) Personal Qualities
- Resourceful and have good network of related supplier base.
- Attention to detail and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and at the same time be able to motivate others in following through issues in getting the job done. A team player with excellent communication and negotiation skill.
Monday to Friday: 8.45am – 6.00pm
Saturday (once a month): 8.45am – 1.00pm