Reporting to the Senior Golf Executive, the incumbent is required to enforce the club rules and maintain the pace of play on the golf course.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses the golf course condition under inclement weather and makes recommendations to Senior Golf Executive to decide whether to open or close the golf course.
- To perform the task as a Starter to ensure orderly tee-off sequence of the golfers, checking on golfers’ registration status and enforcement of proper golfers’ attire.
- Ensures orderly behaviour of golfers on the course, i.e. to control pace of play and to enforce club rules as well as the golf etiquette on the golf course.
- Assists in placement and collection of A-signs, novelty flags, banners and novelty items to and from the golf course.
- Attends to members’ complaints on the course and offers assistance to them.
- Reports any irregularity on the course to the Senior Golf Executive.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Golf Executive or Head of Department.
- Minimum Secondary education with relevant working experience.
- Good golf knowledge will be an added advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Good knowledge of basic golf rules and different competition formats.
Strong interpersonal, communication and public relation skills