We are looking for highly motivated, hands-on Equipment Engineer who will be responsible for equipment stability and
improvement of tool assigned, with the ability to train and groom the maintenance team to highest level of technical
competencies and supporting the strategic ambition to be the world’s leading solar cell producer.
• Reports to Senior Manager, Equipment and Maintenance Engineering
• Oversee and be accountable for the maintenance of production equipment in the plant and drive for continuous
improvement by implementing up-to-date methods to achieve the department goals set by the management.
• Oversee the work of the maintenance team.
• Establish and implement all Equipment specification, troubleshooting procedures, and ensure compliance with
corporate requirements and procedures
• Maintain optimum utilization of equipment and resources and constantly review methods to reduce tool downtime,
increase equipment throughput, achieve or exceed safety and equipment maintenance KPIs
• Lead troubleshooting of equipment problems and apply Root Cause Analysis practices to equipment failure
• Liaise with equipment vendors and spare parts suppliers continuously to develop new methods to achieve low cost
• Improve the useful life of plant, equipment and machinery
• Work closely with manufacturing engineer, process engineers, planners, buyers and equipment vendors to resolve
equipment related issues to improve key equipment indices at the assigned area.
• Formulate with process engineering team on equipment control procedures and drive maintenance team to ensure
the equipment are in control using SPC and other methodologies
• As an individual contributor, will be accountable for projects/programs as well as, developing methods and
parameters, project methodology and/or project proposals.
• Responsible for project costing and control related to equipment. Also performs other duties as assigned. Duties will
vary according to the project progress and/or the specific goals of the division.
• Participate actively or lead in key project such as cost reduction, yield improvement, Cpk. improvement, new machine
qualification, process optimization, cycle time improvement and new parts evaluation/qualification
• Incorporate efficient methods of maintaining new equipment or plant, and may be involved in the installation and
• Ensure compliance with company Lean Maintenance strategy and initiatives
• Drive the team of Technicians to participate in all continuous improvement projects related to cost, quality & service
using Six-Sigma, Gemba, Kaizen or similar applicable methodology
• Coaches, mentor and conduct training for targeted organizations on equipment engineering systems.
• Participate in cross-functional teams on various improvement projects
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronic / Mechatronic Engineering
• 1-2 years working experience as an Equipment Engineer Preferred
• Knowledge on Solar or Semiconductor process flow and manufacturing system
• Knowledge of tools and methodologies like SPC, TOPS, FMEA, DOE, Fish-Bone Analysis, etc.
• Demonstrated leadership skill, good presentation, team-building and communications
• Must be highly energetic and have the drive to get things done ahead of plan.
• Skills and abilities to perform job include: analytical communication, presentation skills, project
management, problem solving and troubleshooting skills, computer literacy, interpersonal skills, exercises
mature judgment; ability to work in a team, as well as, independently; ability to influence other people
• Willingness to travel / work off shift and long hours
• High fluency in both spoken and written English
• Exposure to a fast pace manufacturing environment in MNC is advantageous
• Working experience in Solar or Semiconductors manufacturing industry is advantageous
• Hands-on experience with plant start-up & Lean Maintenance System development will be advantageous
• Possess hands-on experience / strong capability in equipment troubleshooting, engineering methods for
equipment controls involving PLCs, PCs, and Robotics will be advantageous
• Exposure in start up and good experience in automation manufacturing process is advantageous.
• Able to work in diverse environment.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrated good leadership / presentation / communication/team building skills
• Self motivated, hands on and good team player
• Dynamic & committed with proactive working attitude
• Strong passion for process improvement, organizational, analytical and interpersonal & people skills