As part of Manufacturing Innovation Group activities to support the Panasonic factories in Asia Pacific, the automation engineer role is to enhance quality, safety & productivity of the factory through equipment innovation. His/her main responsibility is to develop equipment from concept design until realized as production equipment.
• Discuss & analyse factory issues with factory members.
• Provide solution proposal with detail concept design including making machine specification & costing.
• Transform the machine concept into detail design & pneumatic/hydraulic circuit design.
• Discuss machine control concept & electrical design with the respective engineer or sub-contractor.
• Support equipment manufacturing, site installation, assure parts quality, machine quality and customer support after equipment installation.
• Enhance parts production for both Asia & Japan (IPO) APSDC function.
• Develop & manage supplier/vendor as part of overall operation.
• Some level of administrative work required as part of internal & HQ reporting.
• Minimum Diploma in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
• Minimum 4 to 5 years of experience in machine design and manufacturing.
• Candidate with mechanical engineering background is required.
• Strong understanding on product development process, manufacturing process.
• Good knowledge on CAD & 3D CAD system (AutoCAD/Inventor, Solid works, iCAD)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software
• Willingness to undertake extensive overseas travel
• Opportunity for training in Japan (up to 1 month period)