- Prepare and develop audit programmes to evaluate the controls over the various systems and processes, perform data analysis and reconciliation, quantification of impact and conduct interviews / discussions with relevant personnel so as to recommend improvements to management.
- Plan and execute audit procedures on key internal controls. Participate in the proactive identification and prioritization of key risk areas to ensure adequate audit coverage providing Internal Audit’s independent assurance and supporting the Audit Committee’s role of governance and internal controls.
- Partner with the management of SATS Group in an internal control and risk management advisory role, and check compliance with internal guidelines across SATS Group of Companies.
- Report audit findings. Preparation of internal audit reports for Group Internal Audit & Management’s review.
- Build rapport and collaborative relationships between all Business Units by providing technical guidance, thought leadership and sharing regional initiatives to deliver sustainable shareholder value.
- Participate in the audit exit meetings to recommend, formulate and agree on internal control improvements with relevant process owners.
- Participate and lead in the execution of complex end-to-end reviews, and follow-up on the implementation of agreed-upon action plans, of various systems and processes relating to financial, operations and revenue to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls, systems and business processes to identify areas for improvement, control deficiencies and curb revenue leakages and / or maximize revenue.
- Deliver value-adding quality audits with minimal supervision.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- At least 9 years of relevant working experience, either in internal / external audit with a recognized accounting firm.
- Strong auditing and analytical skills, as well as good written and oral communication skills in English and Chinese ( to liaise with Chinese speaking associates )
- Possess in-depth knowledge and expertise of the areas under review. Subject matter expert in internal audit, internal control, risk management, corporate governance, revenue assurance, in relation to SATS products, systems and processes.
- Self-motivated and independent, and a strong team player.
- Highly adaptable to different culture and environments.
- Proactive and committed to meeting high professional standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight timelines.
- Willing to travel (~ 40%) to countries in Asia including India, China, Philippines, Indonesia.