Reporting To: Operations Manager, or Head of LNG Trading in the absence of Operations Manager
Job Summary: This role physically resides in Singapore (where there is a LNG team), and the primary purpose of the role is to handle LNG deals cargo operation.
- Manager of people (to include number of reports) or individual contributor: This role does not manage staff – it is an individual contributor role.
- Geographic scope of role: This role covers LNG operation from the Singapore office.
- Budgetary and risk management responsibilities: The LNG Operator will adhere to the respective company policies.
- To manage and administrate LNG deal operation, covering loading/unloading instructions, arrange inspection and insurance, calculate heating values and pricing indices, preparing invoices to collect money and documents for payment etc.
- To clear vessels with counterparties/ports
- To handle disputes/demurrage/claims.
- To work in conjunction with Beijing and Hong Kong offices to arrange
- To act within the guidelines and authorities laid down by UNIPEC.
- Collaborating with team members and building productive working relationships, to contribute to the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Pass on knowledge to other team members and take part in training of new/junior members of staff as and when necessary.
Communications and Relationships
- Traders, operators, charterers, legal/contracts, etc. in Singapore. Also teams in Beijing and Hong Kong.
- Market counterparties, shipowners, inspectors, insurers, etc.
Suitable candidates must be educated to at least degree level or possess an equivalent level qualification.
Excellent Communication skills both written and spoken
Additional languages are an advantage, e.g. Chinese mandarin.
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages and overall IT literacy
Excellent working knowledge of trading systems
Strong facilitation, planning and organizational skills required
Excellent teamwork skills with preference for action, accountability and developing alternatives and solutions
Strong desire for personal learning and sharing of knowledge and skills with others
Proficient at working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and ability to tailor
communication style accordingly, acknowledging individual differences
Proficient at adapting quickly to changing situations
Successful track record - able to demonstrate career progression
3+ years experience in a LNG operation capacity within a global LNG business environment
Solid understanding of LNG business, having previously worked as a LNG operator
Excellent understanding of the LNG business value chain
Career progression and training within global organization(s)
An excellent knowledge and understanding of LNG operation, physical and/or paper
A thorough understanding of specifications and the logistics around the movement of LNG
The ability to understand and comply with Delegations of Authorities