Resident Engineer (Pipeline) jobs provide you with an opportunity to work on exciting and large-scale water-related projects. You should be a self-motivated professional with experience in civil plant design of infrastructural projects, and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each civil design engineering job.
- Plan the alignment of water conveyance pipeline by understanding the various site constraints and conditions imposed by authorities / utility agencies / and other stake-holders
- Primary areas of involvement include – Pipeline alignment by studying the existing site investigation data, Work closely with Drafting team to get the pipeline plan and profiles done, compile tender specifications and documents, assist in tender evaluation and recommendation
- Think both creatively and logically to resolve design and development issues
- Adopt all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments;
- Understand local authorities’ requirements / guidelines and carry out design complying with requirements
- Liaise with local statutory boards / authorities / agencies for necessary approvals
- Participation in risk assessments and safety reviews with stake-holders
- Ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and seek approvals from all stake-holders.
- Fully understand the project specific HSE policy, procedures, regulations and ensure that the detailed design is performed in a safe and environmentally sound manner
- Assist in the detailed design and tender calling of the pipeline followed by taking a role of a Resident Engineer during construction supervision
- Under general supervision of a Project Manager, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering and construction management and supervision techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in the design and construction of conveyance pipe lines
- Registered with the BCA and accredited with the Joint Accreditation Committee (JAC) of the Institution of Engineers Singapore as Resident Engineer and the Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore
- Understand the duties and responsibilities in accordance to the Building Control Act as the Qualified Site Supervisor (RE) on record for the supervision of the works
- Broad exposure and experience permitting projects including coordination and communication with regulatory agencies
- Experience with pipeline hydraulics, pipeline alignment determination and optimization
- Working experience in Jurong Island with Water Pipelines shall be considered as an added advantage
Building and Construction