goGame is seeking for a Japanese translator who is action oriented, clear communicator, educated and detail-oriented and of course Bilingual in both English and Japanese (for translation purpose). Well, if you are tri-lingual in English, Japanese and Chinese, that would be even better for translation! We require someone have an informed opinion and you are able to articulate that opinion to influence teams, peers and leadership on a global scale. You are equal parts communications leader, content editor, and business strategist and excel at building and nurturing relationships. You must also be willing to roll up your sleeves and pitch in whenever duty calls.
- You will handle correspondences with partners in Japan
- Be a facilitator in communication between offices
- Translating English-Japanese or vice-versa
- Attending conference and acts as a translator for our CEO and colleagues
- Assisting the Business Development team in translation.
- A self-starter. Not sure how to do something? You figure it out!
- Detail oriented. You are organized and good in time management to complete delivery.
- Energetic! You have a positive attitude and are always eager to help out with the next project.
- Reliable. People will be counting on you to make things happen.
Competency and Experience
- Minimum 2 years in translation or localization experiences (Japanese to English), vice versa.
- Must be fluent in reading/writing in Japanese and English, JLPT level 1 and higher required (for translation purpose)
- Excellent grammar, spelling, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to understand technical jargon a plus.
- Must be motivated and able to remain focused throughout the project.
- Acute attention to detail, accuracy and meeting timelines.
- Ability to communicate editorial changes constructively and professionally.